30 June 2009

Blog Titled Explained

There are a lot of "confession" blogs out there that chronicles the lives of the mundane. This blog is one of those, obviously. However, the phrase "Parking Lot Nazi" stems from the lectures we get from the patrons who find it unfair to have to pay to park.

Some of the parking lecturers are not professional speakers. They simply feel the need to express themselves to a person who doesn't control the price of the toll. Most of the time, I sympathize with them because I do believe that paying two-dollars is too much for parking nowhere near the stadium. They have to cross a street from crying out loud.

This year, one parking lecturer decided it was a great idea to have a public discussion between Marcus and myself - even though I was busy collecting from others. Because he was out of the parking lot, he was causing a lot of congestion on the street, which angered several patrons and students alike.

Students, now that I'm on the subject, are also a reason why I decided to call myself a Parking Lot Nazi rather than a troll. Students are more subjected to calling people - anyone they don't like - a Nazi. Why do I know this? Because I was a student once. Students fill up on angst when they see us (or me, rather) standing out in the sun collecting money. And college students are the worse breed because they think everything is unjust. Most of them are there to go to the university gym, others actually go to see the game. Both, however, complain they have to pay.

I should start off by correcting the common mistake and most appalling accusation - students attending the gym do not have to pay a toll. They can park anywhere they like. However, those who are going to the game do. It's unfair because parking permits cost them a pretty penny, but most of them there are on financial aid, which covers it if you should so choose to. Those going to the game, however, put up less of a fight than those who don't have to pay.

One female student decided to take her wrath on me, complaining how unfair it is she had to pay to park when she had a parking permit. She felt the need to bitch me out before I even asked is she was going to the gym, which she mentioned and I had to break into her diatribe and tell her she didn't have to pay if she was going to workout. Still upset, though she rolled her eyes and drove passed me and Marcus but not before I could utter out a "you dumb bitch," which I said loud enough for my former partner and her to hear.

Bossman says we have to be nice to the patrons. Never said anything about being nice to idiotic students.

0 Comments: