13 July 2009

Frustrated Old Lady

Fred called in today so he was a no show. Super put me in lot 1 - the sun spot. I swear, I'm two shades darker now. For the most part, I didn't mind it. Mother Nature had cast her clouds high above me, shielding me from the sun - this, however, didn't last long. She also blew - quite fiercely - her cool breeze. I was fresh.

Early in, an old lady pulled up with $2 waving out. This is a common thing as most of the older patrons still long for the day when the stadium parking was that much. I told her it was three and she snapped at me. Patience, Ennui. She doesn't know what she's saying. She can't be held responsible. To make sure that there isn't any special treatment going on, I call Estella and ask her. I tell her the lady's paid two in the past - or so she says - and had lodged a complaint with a ticket clerk. However, there isn't a pass on it and I report the grim news to the lady, handing back her two dollars. She snaps again at me, but more at the rules this time around, "I'm not going to pay it." She pulls up and turns around and leaves. Fare thee well, old lady.

I don't agree with the parking price, either. I feel bad that people have to hand over cash to get into the game and, if they have kids, for food inside. That's quite a bit of cash down the drain for some "family" entertainment. Another home based team only charges one dollar for their toll, but from what I heard, their parking lot is just a lot - sans asphalt, pavement, parking lines.

However, one guy some time last home stand told me where he came from parking was $12. In fact, he pulled into lot 3 with a small hope in his voice, praying that it was only $2.

When you line it up to that, you're getting a pretty good deal. It's either pay a toll, or higher ticket prices - no matter where you park. Of course, this gets rid of the need of parking lot Nazis, such as myself.

0 Comments: