12 July 2009

No Change & Compliments

For the most part, yesterday wasn't a busy day. It was slightly better, but not busy for me. Monday, on the other hand, has been forecast as a busy day.

Most of the time, I was waiting until a car pulled up. When it did, the others soon followed. The another vehicle bearing the university parking permit made it look like they were going to park on the other side of me, but then quickly changed their mind and drove toward the end of the median and parked. Unlucky for them, I called it in. They had to pay at the door.

Closer to the end of my shift, two cars - one brown one blue - decided they weren't going to pay either. A guy in a jeep saw me taking down their license plates and he paid. Because I lost the brown car in that instance, I called in the passengers of the blue car. Later, I realized the brown car and the blue car came together and those who I called in were relations.

The rules of the game have changed. Because I can no longer chase them, I call them in. Most of them play dumb and act as if they didn't know, even though they slowed long enough to see me there. They do go around for a reason.

Estella complimented me - I wasn't there to hear it - stating I was a good worker. Not a good worker, no. I just don't like the fact that those who are honest with me pay, while those who like to break rules don't. Toll Jumpers shouldn't be rewarded.

0 Comments: