27 July 2009

Listening to the Action Man during work

"Ashes to Ashes" played in ear. David Bowie's voice is hypnotic. No sign of the Scooter Gang of Lot 2. No sigh of anyone. Sundays are slow days. I only bring in 53 tickets. I look over to lot 3 and see new guy - whose name I haven't bothered to learn yet - standing at the very entrance, something I don't do due to the safety hazard of being hit by a moron. And there are a lot of morons who park in lot 3.

Like me, new guy calls in people who don't pay. One guy asked Super when they started charging and that he parked there yesterday and no one was there. When Super said I was there, the guy said, "Well, he must've not been doing his job." We can always figure out the liars this way. They always accuse me, the only true parking lot Nazi in the midst of the ball park, of not doing my job. No one gets in for free on my watch. No one.

With that, I let in three people for free. I couldn't be bothered with their excuses of not having any money. Well, the first two anyway. The last one was a sweeter person who only had two dollars. She asked if there was free parking. I told her to go ahead. It's pretty pointless for her to go to lot 3 and have to pay for parking she's already paid for as a student. She's nice about it. She attempts to convince me otherwise. I tell her it's a free shot. No one's going to do anything to her car. I let her in on the truth of the tickets - they're for inventory use only. No one comes around to check cars. It would be too hard to distinguish guests from workers from guests who beat the system by coming early.

And the inevitable happened. Javi came to work. It wasn't something we were expecting, but we knew shit would blow up sooner or later. We kept our cool.

0 Comments: